Bird Control and Exclusion in Georgia & Alabama
Rid-A-Critter is Georgia & Alabama’s pest bird control leader. We provide safe, non-chemical, humane bird control, nuisance bird removal, and bird exclusion (“bird-proofing”), at reasonable cost.
We provide non-chemical removal and exclusion of pigeons, sparrows, and starlings at locations including:
- private homes
- apartments, hotels, motels, and condos
- power plants and electricity generating stations
- bridges and overpasses
- shopping centers, malls, supermarkets, and office buildings
- factories, warehouses, industrial parks, and other commercial buildings
- churches, synagogues, and other houses of worship
- government buildings
As the region’s leader in humane bird control, Rid-A-Critter has the skill, the know-how, and all the equipment to handle any bird control job — no matter how big or how small. We can bird-proof virtually any building of any size ranging from private homes, to the steeples of historic churches, to huge power generating facilities. In fact, we’ve bird-proofed some of the biggest buildings in Georgia, including some at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport — the busiest airport in the world.
Truth be told, there’s no bird control job too big for Rid-A-Critter to handle. But we do small bird control jobs, too; and we treat every job with the same level of care and professionalism. All of our clients are VIP’s, and we insist on the same standards of excellence on ever job we do.
Birds as Pests
Birds become pests when they create a physical or health hazard or when they damage or deface property. Some ways in which this happens are:
- Large numbers of birds near airports cause a hazard to air travel.
- Birds deface buildings, monuments, and vehicles and cause costly damage with their droppings.
- Birds and their feathers can get caught in building ventilation equipment, dryer vents, exhaust fans, and HVAC ducts, sometimes causing damage to the equipment and spreading germs and allergens throughout the building.
- The droppings of many birds contain pathogens that cause several serious diseases, such as histoplasmosis, cryptococcosis, and avian flu.
- Ectoparasites living or feeding on birds can transmit a number of serious diseases including West Nile virus and other arboviral encephalitides.
Other Nuisance Birds
In addition to the three species officially considered “pests,” there are some other birds that aren’t technically considered “pest birds ” but which may be excluded using humane, non-lethal means that do not injure them
Bird Extermination vs Comprehensive Bird Control
Many “bird exterminators” use chemical poisons to kill or repel birds. Some of these products are lethal toxicants that kill birds, while others are intended to just make the birds dizzy or sick. The hope is that they’ll associate the sickness with the place, and fly away somewhere else. But many of these sickened and disoriented birds die when they fly into buildings or moving vehicles, and others are attacked and killed by predators while the chemicals disable them.
The other problem with bird control that relies on chemicals and poisons is that it just doesn’t work very well. The results are temporary, at best. Sooner or later, new birds will move in and replace the ones that were exterminated.
Our bird control program is different. Unlike the bird poisoning performed by most “bird exterminators” in Georgia, our non-chemical bird control techniques provide lasting control. In addition, our methods won’t result in sick birds flying into trucks on the highway or dead birds dropping out of the sky.
Our earth-friendly bird control approach includes:
- Repairing structural holes and gaps that allow birds to get into attics, lofts, and other interior parts of buildings.
- Installing bird netting and/or bird-repellant spikes are humane ways to bird-proof buildings and prevent birds from roosting on them.
- Bird trapping may be used to remove birds already in the building.
- Nesting materials, droppings, feathers, and so forth are meticulously removed to prevent health hazards from bird-borne pathogens.
- Chimney caps may be installed (or existing ones repaired) to keep birds and animals out of chimneys.
Bird Mess Cleanup
Our bird control service also includes cleaning up after the birds once they are removed. We clean up bird droppings, feathers, and the rest of the mess the birds created in order to eliminate the health hazards that these bird by-products present to humans, domestic animals, and wildlife. Bird droppings contain microorganisms that can cause serious diseases like histoplasmosis and cryptococcosis.
Dry Under Decks Installation
We also offer Dry Under Decks installation either as an added bird or animal control service, or as a standalone service. Dry Under Decks is a water-management and rain-carrying system that allows the space under your deck to be used as a clean, dry, bright outdoor space.
The Dry Under Decks system is installed under the joists of your existing deck. Once installed, it catches the rainwater that falls through the gaps in the decking (as well as any condensation), and safely channels the water away to a gutter or downspout, reclaiming the area under the deck for use as an outdoor dining area porch, reading area, or whatever else your heart desires. It also prevents spilled drinks from dripping down onto the heads of the people underneath, and the bright finish brightens up and beautifies any outdoor area.
This heavy-duty product not only provides additional outdoor living space; it excludes birds and other small animals and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
If you need help removing birds and keeping them out of your home or business, please call us today.